Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No Fly Zone

Why are cross-country flights so traumtic for me? I've been struggling with some health issues since the fall , which usually make themselves known somewhere over Kansas. Not pretty, kids. Friday's flight to LAX was no different: I threw up in the airplane bathroom after eating a Subway sandwich. Apparently I didn't specify that I wanted them to hold the salmonella. Jeez. By Saturday late afternoon I was able to keep food down and enjoy my weekend, but it was a little scary being so far from home, alone, and trying to navigate various social events in an unfamiliar city.

Needless to say, I'm thrilled to be home and healthy again. Now if we can get Mike over his cold we'll be back to normal.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

For why are you in LA? Are you performing experiments in smog?

CKD said...

I was in Pasadena for my friend Chris' wedding (Becky was there too) and then I headed down to San Diego for Lili's baby shower. More posts and pics to come from both events.