Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Guess It's Official

Yesterday Mike and I braved the unwashed masses and hit the DMV. He needed to renew his plates and I needed to get myself a VA driver's license and register to vote. I love voting. Being registered here makes it official in my book.

Being in the "driver's license" zone of the DMV among several 16 year-old boys was surreal. I am now probably closer in age to their mothers than I am to them, but I vividly remember being so excited to get my license. Now it's just an annoying errand. The only thing that remains the same is my fear of a wretched photo. I am not the most photogenic gal around, but I have always had decent license photos. My new one is no different, despite fighting a bizarre case of the giggles when I stepped in front of the blue screen.

We left the camera at home, of course, and tried to improvise with our phones. Our two self-portraits and Mike's action shot of me having my license photo taken didn't work out as well as we hoped. A valiant effort, though! Enjoy yet another photo-free post!

No comments: