Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Guns N' Cupcakes

Tuesday Julia and I had a lovely, lazy morning baking cupcakes while watching Gilmore Girls. The poor kid had never tried cream cheese frosting (it's one of my favorite food groups!) and now I think I've ruined her for life. We hit a sugar crash by the time Mike got home, but rallied and checked out the Marine Corps Museum in Quantico. Mike was excited to show Julia around and I think she was pleasantly surprised by how interactive and fun it is.
Example of the good times that await if you choose to visit:



Proud Dad coaches his daughter during target practice in one of the "interactive" exhibits. I chose to play photographer rather than embarrass myself.



Her "what I did on my spring break" essay will cover a wide range of activities. Guns, baking... pretty standard stuff, really.

Watching Mike watch young Marines scope out his underage daughter may have been the highlight of the day for me. He didn't bust out his signature line, "Have you ever tried to pick up your teeth with broken fingers?" but I could tell he was ready to throw down if one of them even tried to speak to her. Julia was completely oblivious to the attention she garnered. I had fun teasing her about it...not to mention torturing Mike. Ah, good times.

No comments: