Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Biff is Having a Baby!

Parents-to-be excited to nest for the little one!

Reading the card from Auntie C. Lils said, "I recognize that handwriting!"
upon opening it. I should think so - we passed enough notes in junior high and high school to fill a book!


A Boppy Lounger from Auntie C! Just what they wanted!


My dearest friend Elisabeth (aka Lili, Biff, and various other nicknames) is expecting her first baby in May. She and her lovely husband Nick are thrilled and will make fabulous parents. The gender is a surprise, but I am thinking girl. OK, hoping for a girl. I know it's not cool to have a preference, but I can't help it: I am dying to buy pink stuff and dress her up in sweet outfits and take her to get pedicures and high tea. The heart wants what it wants.

To fully understand my excitement, you need to know how important Biff is to me. We're talking about my partner in crime for the last 24 years, the person who could blackmail me if she wanted, the one I've called at all hours of the day and night in tears, laughing hysterically, and absolutely wasted (sometimes all of the above in one conversation)... we've seen each other through it all. Watching her enter into this crazy adventure of parenthood is exciting and I cannot wait to meet this little one.

Sunday I was fortunate to be able to attend her baby shower in San Diego. Her fantastic sister-in-law Jenn threw a great party and the parents-to-be scored some much-needed gear for the wee one. Lils was glowing and gorgeous... you'd think growing a person inside you would take a toll, but nope. The chick looks great and can still run circles around me.

Hard to believe that the next time I see my girl she'll be a Mom. Wow.

1 comment:

Lady Goss Goss said...

Awwww! Thanks for posting pictures. Biff looks great! She and Nick are adorable; I agree that they will make fabulous parents! Cool beans!