Thursday, May 29, 2008

Update on the Little Goddess

The baby has a name: Juno Constance. I called Lili a few days ago to get her permission to post about her firstborn...something about me trying to respect boundaries and all that. We'll see how it works out. Anyway I haven't heard back from her since OH YEAH! she had a baby. I mean, if given the choice between answering emails and phone calls from your oldest and spazziest friend and, oh, I don't know... caring for your child which would you choose? Plus that new baby smell is intoxicating; could be weeks before the new mama resurfaces.

Juno is named for the Roman goddess and her late maternal grandmother. She has a great deal of strength, beauty, class and wisdom on her side already. Hopefully her future interactions with me won't dilute any of that.

I will hold off on the pictures until I get permission, but I know that the name has all four of my loyal readers in suspense and I figured it's not a secret, so here you go.

Congratulations to the entire family!

No comments: