Saturday, May 3, 2008

One Year for Mike & Christen

May 5, 2007: Our first photo together. We weren't smitten or anything...

Mike and I met a year ago today...and what a year it's been. Cross-country flights, lots of time standing around in airports, marathon phone calls, text-messages, meeting each other's families, and big decisions - not to mention a big move - have consumed us for the past year and it has been completely worth it.

We owe our good fortune to Eileen and David. I mean, how else would our paths have crossed if not at their wedding rehearsal?* Thanks for getting married, guys!

If you had told me that day that I would meet someone who likes Sinatra and pirates and The Simpsons and that I would leave San Francisco within a year to move in with him, I never would have believed it. But here we are and I wouldn't change a thing. Happy Anniversary!


*Yes, I hit on the best man at my friend's wedding. But in my defense, he didn't seem to mind.

1 comment:

Triarius said...

In defense of the 'best man', I was intent on not hitting on the adorable 'little sister' of my best friend's new bride. I was not going to be 'that guy'. So my desire to be around her, and walk her to the rehearsal dinner came off as being assigned as her personal security detachment. She saw through my veneer of professionalism pretty quickly, and it has been a great first year.