Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm Home!

Well, my new home... The place looks great. Mike was nervous that I wouldn't approve of his furniture placement/decorating choices so far, but he's done just fine.


Here's something weird that happened: my flight was booked on US Airways, but when I got to SFo to check in, I (and everyone else on my flight) was directed to United. What? It seems weird that you can show up the day of your flight and be told you've been moved to an entirely different airline. My connecting flight through Boston was still on US Airways. Again, what?

My luggage was delayed in Boston on my layover, but Mike found it sitting on the porch this morning when he left for work so I at least have a few things here. I've always prided myself on not being a "stuff" person but I must admit I'm anxious about not having my belongings in my immediate control. I think my issue is more about "control" versus "stuff" but that's my Pscyh 101 analysis.

So far the people I've met here in Stafford have been incredibly polite and chatty. And the Target here is full of fabulous surprises: they carry Origins, Kiehl's, AND Bare Escentuals here!! My inner product whore is thrilled. It really is the little things.

No comments: