Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chillin' and Grillin'


Today we purchased a fabulous gas grill. Mike and I are culinarily-challenged. We love great food, but neither one of us has the patience to cook a full meal. Part of my problem is my low-grade ADD; being easily distracted by shiny things means food often burns. Luckily, Mike loves to grill, we have a great deck, and the weather is cooperating with us so we went for it!

I marinated some steaks and Mike took charge of the grill. In the true spirit of outdoor cooking, he enjoyed a beer while expertly cooking our steaks. Once I was done steaming the veggies we sat down for our first homecooked meal together. Suck it Martha Stewart!

In less-exciting domestic news, our washer and dryer were delivered Friday. Thank God - my clothes haven't arrived and I was running out of shirts. It's starting to feel like a real home. Still on a hunt for dining room furniture... more shopping! Mike is thrilled.

No comments: